4th January 2010

"A well spent day brings happy sleep."

Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1827 English Poet

A bit like the saying or quote that has been often used in my family; "doing nothing is a dangerous occupation because you never know when you have finished!" Which makes perfect sense to me! It seems, in this life, that we congratulate ourselves upon the completion of a project, that we then believe we deserve a reward, that we might pat ourselves on the back and say well done. If, like me, your thought processes itself along these lines, well, when we do nothing, we cannot know when we have finished therefore do not give ourselves a pat on the back. I am not saying that is the correct way to think, a frustrating way to think, I believe! As I suppose that I would prefer to remember this - I am a good person because of who I am, not because of what I do! I heard Marianne Williamson say that! Very wise!

No comments:

Post a Comment